A PBS account is used to sign into pbs.org sites and the PBS Video app.
A PBS account is required to use the Passport benefit, as well as access profile features such as our Watchlist, Favorite Shows, and Watch History.
To create a PBS account, please visit our account creation page and follow the directions below.
- In the First Name field, type your first name. In the Last Name field, type your last name.
- In the Email field, type your email address and type it for a second time in the Re-enter Email field to confirm your email address has been entered correctly. Your email address will act as the "username" for your PBS account, so we recommend using a real email address you are still able to access.
- In the Password field, enter a personal password including at least 8 characters made up of both letters and numbers. A "Show Password" option is available on the right side to show which characters you are entering.
- A box to the right side of the Password field will appear as you begin typing. The box will advise you to enter more characters compatible with our password requirement, show the entered password is considered a "Weak Password," or show the entered password is considered a "Strong Password." This box is only advising you on the entered password - a "Weak Password" warning will not prevent you from using the desired password.
- Once all of the above fields have been properly filled out, click the Register button to complete your account set up. If there was an issue with any of the above fields, you will see an error message next to the respective field advising you on how to correct the issue.
Once your PBS Account has been created, you can now sign in at pbs.org and the PBS Video apps with that account. Simply use the original email address and personal password you entered during account creation to log in.
If you receive a message that a PBS account already exists with the entered email address, you can regain access to your old PBS account by resetting your PBS account password.