I logged in to PBS with my Apple ID and no longer have Passport and cannot see my favorites. How do I get them back?
If you logged in to PBS with your Apple ID and opted to hide your identity, PBS does not receive your actual email address from Apple. Your Apple account did not link to your existing account - you have created a new account that is completely separate from your Passport benefit.
To fix this, try one of the following options:
- Disassociate your PBS account from your Apple ID on your Apple device then log in with your real identity via the Apple login option. If your Apple ID uses the same email address as your PBS account, you should now see your Passport and/or favorites.
- If you would like to hide your identity but retain your account and have already logged in with your Apple ID, you need to reach out to the PBS support team for help with your account set up.
I logged in to PBS with Apple and my name and email address changed. Can I change them back?Yes! If you logged in with Apple and opted to hide your identity, your newly supplied email, first name, and last name will override your email and name fields on your User Profile page. To change your name and email, select Edit on the User Profile screen and manually change the fields to whatever you would like. You’ll still be able to log in with your Apple ID.
I want to keep my same account but hide my identity through Apple. How do I do this?
If you are logging in to PBS using Apple for the first time, please follow the below steps to keep your same account but hide your identity:
- Click/tap Sign in with Apple to log in and share your identity. If your Apple ID uses the same email address as your existing PBS Account, the system will automatically link Apple to your account.
- On your Apple device, disconnect PBS from your Apple ID.
- You can still log in to this account with all previously used social accounts (Google, Facebook). In order to continue to log in using your PBS Account email address and password, you will first need to go to your User Profile page and manually change your email address back to your previous one. Otherwise, you can continue to log in using the private relay email address and your same password.
If you log in to PBS using Apple and hide your identity first, you will not be connected to your existing account. In this case, please reach out to the PBS support team to connect your hidden Apple account to your previously existing PBS account.
I’m having an issue with my account but I hid my identity through Apple Sign In. What information should I provide Support?
- If you are logged in to PBS.org, hover over your name in the upper left corner of the page and click Profile.
- The private relay email address that PBS was given by Apple displays. Provide this email address to the PBS support team so they can look up your account.
- If you cannot log in to the PBS website, or if you have changed the email address within your User Profile to no longer display the private relay email address, you will need to go to your Apple device to find the private relay email address Apple provided PBS and give that information to the PBS support team.
What information does PBS see if my identity is hidden?
PBS sees the first and last name you provided through your Apple ID, along with the auto-generated private relay email Apple creates. Apple also makes available a unique ID number that allows you to disconnect and reconnect PBS and Apple. This unique ID allows you to maintain access to your account without sharing any personal information with PBS.
If I disconnect and reconnect my hidden identity – will I be able to access my same account?
- If you access an account with your Apple ID and hide your identity, then disconnect PBS and Apple, then reconnect to PBS with Apple and hide your identity again, yes, you’ll be able to access the same account.
- If you sign in with Apple and hide your identity, then disconnect PBS and Apple, then reconnect and share your identity, if you already had an account using your real email address, you will now be connected to your original account instead of the one using your hidden private relay email.
- If you first access PBS with your real email address through Apple, you can connect your Apple account with your existing PBS account if it uses the same email address. Then if you disconnect PBS and Apple and reconnect opting to hide your identity, you will be able to access your original account. *This will not happen if you log in with your hidden account first. If you are having issues linking your Apple account to your existing PBS Account, please contact support.