iOS 9.0 or later
How to check your version
To see what iOS your device is operating on, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad > General > About.
- You will see a number listed on the right of Version indicating your device's iOS.
- You can also tap Settings > General > Software Update to see if updates to your iOS are available. Please note that as Apple devices age, Apple becomes unable to provide your device with the latest iOS and your device will show no updates available.
How to access PBS without the app
For users with lower versions we regret to inform you that the app will not work on your device. Follow the steps below to workaround this issue.
- Open a browser window on your device and type http://www.pbs.org/ in the address bar.
- Once you are on the PBS.org website you can do just about everything you can do with the app. You can sign in, create a Watchlist, view your TV schedule, and of course view many of the PBS shows you love.