If you are coming to the app for the first time:
- Tap the green Sign In button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Sign in with your Google, Facebook, or PBS account and tap Sign in.
- You are prompted to localize to your local station. Tap Yes to localize. (You can also tap Not Now to skip this step and the app will automatically localize you. To choose a specific station, however, you will need to localize.)
|What does localize mean?|
Localize simply means choosing a station whose programming you want to view and to whom you want to send your donations. You'd typically choose the station in the area where you live but you can localize to any station you want.
- The station that is in your area appears. If you'd like to localize to this station, tap Continue. If this is not the station to which you'd like to localize, go to your Settings menu and tap Local Station to choose another station.
- You are prompted to connect to Chromecast. Tap the highlighted icon in the upper right side of the screen to connect or tap Got it at the bottom of the screen to continue.
|What is Chromecast? |
Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. After plugging it in to your TV, all of the content you are viewing on your phone or tablet will appear on your TV screen.
Now you can begin browsing the PBS content you love!
If you have signed in to the app before:
- Tap Settings located in the upper left side of the screen.
- Tap Sign in.
- Sign in with your Google, Facebook, or PBS account.