The PBS Video app is available for download on Samsung Smart TV for 2017-2019 models. The app is free to download and use and requires no activation fee.
In order to download the app, you'll need to create or sign in with your Samsung account. If you do not have a Samsung account or need help signing in to your Samsung account, please click this link to visit Samsung's website.
To download the PBS Video app:
- First, return to your Smart TV's Home menu by selecting the Home button on your remote.
- Using your remote's arrow buttons, highlight the Apps option on your Samsung Smart TV's Home screen. Select the Apps option.
- Using your remote's arrow buttons again, highlight the magnifying glass icon or search feature within your Smart TV's Apps screen. Select this option.
- Use the Search feature to search Samsung's available app offerings for "PBS" and look for the official PBS Video app. Select the PBS Video app icon. Unable to find the PBS Video app? Your device may not support the app - click here to learn more.
- An option to "Install" the app will appear in the center of the screen. Select this option.
- The app will begin installing to your Samsung Smart TV. When the download completes, you will have the option to Open the app from this screen, and you can also open the app in the future from your Home menu, where it will be listed with your other apps.
When you first open the PBS Video app, you will receive an alphanumeric code to activate the app at pbs.org/activate
The code you receive will be unique to your device.
Follow the link above on your computer or a web browser on another device, and then enter your alphanumeric activation code in the white field indicated on the screen.
After entering your code, select the Continue option.
A new screen will appear asking you to sign in with a Facebook, Google, or PBS login account. Select one of these three options, or select the option to create a new PBS account. If you have the Passport benefit, log in with your Passport-linked account. A login account is required to activate the app as the app offers account-specific features such as saving videos and shows to personalize your viewing experience.
Once you have logged in with an account, you'll received a message that your device was successfully activated.
Return to your Samsung Smart TV's PBS Video app. The screen will update to now show the app's home screen where you can begin exploring and viewing our available offerings. For more information on using the PBS Video app, click here.