We are currently aware of technical issues on the PBS app on 2017 Samsung TV models, and are currently working to resolve these errors.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Reported errors on 2017 Samsung TV models.
- Unsure if you have a 2017 Samsung TV model?
- Possible workarounds.
Reported errors on 2017 Samsung TV models.
If you have an affected Samsung TV model, you may have noticed some of the below errors while using the PBS Video app for an extended period of time:
- Videos continuously buffer and do not begin playing when prompted.
- Videos return an error message that they are unavailable.
- Older seasons continuously buffer when browsing older episodes of shows, preventing older episodes from appearing on show pages
Unsure if you have a 2017 Samsung TV model?
Check the label on the back of your TV to find the model number. 2017 model numbers will contain an "M" or "MU" notation in the number. Some affected model numbers are included below, but not every 2017 model number is included in this list:
We have confirmed that deleting or reinstalling the PBS Video app on affected models will not fix the issue. If you are unable to find or play a video on a show page, we recommend trying one of the below alternatives:
- Search for the video title using the Search option on the left-hand menu from the app home screen. Navigate to the video through the search results and begin playing the video.
- Visit PBS.org on your computer - or open the PBS Video app on another supported device - and sign in with the same PBS account you are signed in with on your Samsung TV app (you can find this email address on the Settings option on the left-hand menu in the app). After signing in on PBS.org, use the search tool at the top of the site to find the episode you are interested in viewing. On the episode page, select +My List to add the episode to your My List on the Samsung TV app. Navigate to the video through My List from the home screen of the PBS Video app on your Samsung TV and begin playing.