As of June 1, 2020, this content is no longer available for online streaming with PBS.
What is Country Music about?
Country Music explores questions –– such as “What is country music?” and “Where did it come from?“–– while focusing on the biographies of the fascinating characters who created and shaped it — from the Carter Family, Jimmie Rodgers and Bob Wills to Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Charley Pride, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, Garth Brooks and many more — as well as the times in which they lived. Learn how country music evolved over the course of the 20th century, as it eventually emerged to become America’s music. Country Music features never-before-seen footage and photographs, plus interviews with more than 80 country music artists.
Where can I learn more?
How many episodes are there?
- There is a total of eight (8) episodes lasting approximately two (2) hours each.
When can I watch it?
- Tune in or stream the documentary premiere on Sunday, September 15 at 8/7c. See schedule below for additional airdates.
- Stream episodes 1-4 on Sunday, September 15 through Wednesday, September 18.
- Stream episodes 5-8 on Sunday, September 22 through Wednesday, September 25.
See complete schedule below
How can I watch it?
- You can watch the broadcast on your television each night an episode airs. English captions are available.
- You can stream episodes on PBS.org, your local station website, and several mobile and over-the-top devices. See full list of supported devices
- All episodes are available in Spanish with Spanish captions.
What is the availability for PBS Passport members?
PBS Passport members can view all episodes starting on Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019 and ending Friday, February 28, 2020. Learn more about PBS Passport.
AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE STREAMING*
Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019 through October 6, 2019
Monday, Sept. 16, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019 through October 7, 2019
Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019 through October 8, 2019
Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019 through October 9, 2019
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 through October 13, 2019
Monday, Sept. 23, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 through October 14, 2019
Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 through October 15, 2019
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019 at 8pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 through October 16, 2019
|*Members with the PBS Passport benefit can stream all eight episodes through February 28, 2020.|
Note: Dates and times are subject to change.