For detailed instructions on activating your streaming device:
- How do I activate the PBS App on Roku?
- How do I activate the PBS App on Apple TV?
- How do I activate the PBS App on Amazon Fire or my Android Smart TV?
The images and videos below are taken from the PBS app on Roku, however our apps have a similar activation process regardless of the device you are using. If you are using an Apple TV or Amazon, please visit one of the links above, or follow the below steps while keeping in mind your streaming device screen may be slightly different from the pictures below.
- Click the PBS app icon on your Roku screen (Figure 1).
- A screen appears with a seven-digit activation code. You will need this code for the next step.
***The image below is an example; do NOT use the code in the image below. Use the unique code that appears on your screen.***
***PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PERFORM THESE NEXT STEPS ON A COMPUTER, YOU CANNOT ACTIVATE DIRECTLY FROM THE ROKU SCREEN.***
- On your computer, tablet, or phone, open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- In the address bar at the top, type http://www.pbs.org/activate.
- Type your seven-digit activation code in the textbox provided.
- Click or tap Continue.
* If typing "pbs.org/activate" into your browser is not successful, please click the following link: http://www.pbs.org/activate.
- After selecting Continue, you are taken to a page where you can sign in to the app in one of three ways:
- Note: If you do not have a PBS account, create one by clicking Create one here. Scroll down to the bottom of this page for instructions on how to create a PBS account.
How to create a PBS account
Creating a PBS account allows you to use the same email address and password across all PBS products. This section demonstrates how to create a PBS account only. To create a Facebook or Google account, you must go to those individual websites (www.facebook.com and www.google.com).
- On your computer, tablet, or phone, go to www.pbs.org and click Sign in located in the upper left side of the screen (Figure 1).
- Click Sign in with Email (Figure 2).
- In the first two textboxes, type your first and last name. Type your email address in the second two textboxes then create and type your password in the Password textbox (Figure 3.1).Your password must have at least 8 characters and include both letters and numbers.
- Click Register (Figure 3.2).
* You can click the Keep me signed in checkbox to stay signed in to PBS.org.
- After clicking Register, you are signed in to PBS and are directed to the PBS.org homepage. Your first name shows at the top of the page (Figure 4).
***Use this login and password any time you log in to PBS products.***