For detailed instructions on activating your streaming device:
Once you have activated your PBS Passport account, follow the steps below to link your Passport account to your Apple TV.
- When you have the PBS app open on your Apple TV, click Settings located at the top of the screen.
- Click Deactivate located at the bottom of the screen. If you have an Apple TV 4, you will instead see an option to "Change Account"
- A screen indicating the app needs to be activated appears.
- Activation instructions are displayed on the screen along with a 7-character activation code.
- Go to your computer and open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- In the address bar, type http://pbs.org/activate.
- Enter the seven-character activation code in the textbox provided. This is NOT your Passport activation code.
- Click Continue.
- You are taken to a new page asking you to sign in with a Google, Facebook, or PBS account.
- Choose the same account you used when you activated Passport. If you sign in with a different email address, you will not be signed in with your Passport account and will be unable to watch Passport videos.
- Return to your Apple TV. It has been automatically updated and you can begin watching Passport videos.