It sounds like your Apple TV is not set up with the same email/credentials that you used when you activated Passport. Therefore, the Apple TV PBS App must be reset to use the email address that you used when you activated Passport. To do this you will need to deactivate and reactivate the PBS app with the correct email. (Please note that you do not need to reset your Apple TV overall affiliated email, just within the PBS App). This will not affect other apps within Apple TV.
Follow the steps below to activate your Passport member benefit:
- When you have the PBS app open on your Apple TV, click Settings located at the top of the screen.
- Click Deactivate located at the bottom of the screen. If you have an Apple TV 4 you will instead click Change Account > Log Out.
- A screen asking you to Activate your Apple TV appears.
- Clicking this option will bring up activation instructions to visit http://www.pbs.org/activate and entering the code appearing on your Apple TV screen. Each user will have their own unique code.
- Go to your computer and open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- In the address bar, type http://pbs.org/activate.
- Enter the seven-character activation code in the textbox provided. This is NOT your Passport activation code.
- Click Continue.
- You are taken to a new page asking you to sign in with a Google, Facebook, or PBS account.
- Choose the same account you used when you activated Passport. If you sign in with a different email address, you will not be signed in with your Passport account and will be unable to watch Passport videos.
- Return to your Apple TV. It has been automatically updated and you can begin watching Passport videos.