What does the activation process look like?
Modified on: Fri, 17 Nov, 2017 at 2:38 PM
The following steps illustrate the Passport activation process from beginning to end. You can activate your PBS Passport account from your desktop computer or laptop using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
- After you have received an email from PBS, click Click Here to Activate Now (Figure 1).
- You are directed to an activation screen where you should be automatically localized to your preferred station. The logo designates the station to which you are localized. (Learn how to change your station)
- Click the checkbox stating that you allow PBS to share your viewing history (Figure 2). * Please note that you must check this box to continue with the Passport activation process.
- Click Confirm (Figure 3).
- Your activation is complete. Click Get Started to begin watching Passport content (Figure 4).
- Passport content is designated by a blue "compass rose" icon. The icon also appears next to your name, indicating that you are logged in and can view Passport videos.
If you do not see the blue Passport icon () next to your name, you have not completed the activation process or you have not signed in with the same email address you used when you activated your Passport member benefit. Think of any other email addresses you may have used and try signing in with those until you see the blue Passport icon next to your name. If you are still having trouble, email support.
What is PBS Passport?
Does Passport cost anything?
I think I already activated Passport. How do I check?
I made a donation but have not received an activation code.
I can't find my activation code, help!
Is PBS Passport available outside the U.S.?
How do I know if my Passport member benefit is activated?
How can I tell which are Passport videos?
Can I search for Passport videos only?
Which devices can I use to view Passport content?
Is PBS Passport to be used on my computer or TV?
What shows are available with PBS Passport?
If I do not have PBS Passport, will I still be able to watch programs on PBS.org and my station's site for free?
I am a member of my local station, making an annual contribution for many years. Do I need to make an additional contribution in order to receive the PBS Passport member benefit?
Does Passport work with Chromecast?
Can I stream Passport content on my Apple TV?
What happened to XBox?
How do I cancel my Passport member benefit?
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.