If you no longer want to have your Facebook account associated with your app login experience, you can disassociate the two from the Facebook website.
- Open your Facebook account.
- On the left side navigation menu, in the Apps section, click More.
- Click Settings (Figure 2).
- In the search textbox, type PBS.
- When the PBS app logo appears, click it (Figure 3).
- At the bottom of the popup box, click Remove App (Figure 4).
- Click Remove to confirm (Figure 5).
The PBS app is now disassociated from your Facebook account and you can login with either your email address or Google account.
If you no longer have access to your Facebook account, or the above does not work, please try the below process:
Please go to https://account.pbs.org/oauth2/send-reset-password/, enter your email address, and click the green Reset button.
- You should get an email with the subject "Reset your PBS Account Password" with a link inside the email to create a new password (Figure 6).
- Clicking the link will take you to the screen below. Choose a new password and enter it twice then click Reset (Figure 7).
- This will set a password for your PBS Account, which is not associated with Facebook. This means that on all PBS websites you can choose the “Sign in with Email” option and login with the same email address and the password you just created.
After this process, you should no longer be prompted to sign in with Facebook.