How do I activate Passport on my Amazon Fire TV?
Modified on: Mon, 12 Sep, 2016 at 1:31 PM
Once you have activated your PBS Passport account, follow the steps below to link your Passport account to your Amazon Fire TV.
- Open the PBS channel on your Amazon Fire TV.
- In the left navigation, open the Settings menu.
- At the bottom of In the settings menu, select the Deactivate Device option. The screen will not change.
- Confirm that you want to deactivate the device.
- Leave the PBS channel and go back to the main screen of your Amazon Fire TV. This will give the PBS app time to reset and deactivate itself.
- Open the PBS channel again.
- You will see a new screen saying the channel needs to be activated.
- Activation instructions appear on the screen along with a 7-character activation code.
- Go to your computer and open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- In the address bar, type http://pbs.org/activate.
- Enter the seven-character activation code in the textbox provided. This is NOT your Passport activation code.
- Click Continue.
- You are taken to a new page asking you to sign in with a Google, Facebook, or PBS account.
Choose the same account you used when you activated Passport. If you sign in with a different email address, you will not be signed in with your Passport account and will be unable to watch Passport videos.
- After signing in, your Amazon Fire TV has been activated. Return to Amazon Fire TV to begin watching Passport videos.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.