To activate Passport on your Roku device, follow the steps below:
- Open the PBS channel on your Roku device (Figure 1).
- In the top navigation menu, click Settings (Figure 2).
- At the bottom of In the settings menu, click Deactivate Device. The screen will not change (Figure 3).
- Confirm that you want to deactivate the device and you will return to the PBS app home screen.
- Click the blue Activate button in the upper left corner of the screen (Figure 4).
- You will see a new screen saying the channel needs to be activated.
- Activation instructions appear on the screen along with a 7-character activation code (Figure 5).
- Go to your computer and open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- In the address bar, type http://pbs.org/activate .
- Enter the seven-character activation code in the textbox provided. This is NOT your Passport activation code.
- Click Continue (Figure 6).
- You are taken to a new page asking you to sign in with a Google, Facebook, or PBS account (Figure 7).
- Choose the same account you used when you activated Passport . If you sign in with a different email address, you will not be signed in with your Passport account and will be unable to watch Passport videos.
- After signing in, your Roku device has been activated. Return to your Roku screen to begin watching Passport videos (Figure 8).
What is Passport?
Does Passport cost anything?
Can I use the PBS app on Roku without activating?
I activated my Roku account but my Watchlist isn't synced with the Watchlist on my computer
How do I know if my Passport member benefit is activated?
How can I tell which are Passport videos?
I already have the PBS app on my Roku, why do I need to activate?
Can I stream Passport content on my Apple TV?