Begin by checking the following two things:
Be sure your local station on your Apple TV is set to the local station with which you registered Passport. You can check this in the Settings menu of the PBS app. The option "Change your local station."
Check to make sure the account you used to activate the PBS app of the Apple TV matches the account you used to activate Passport. Here's a step by step instruction:
- Enter the PBS app on Apple TV.
- At the top of the app go to the Settings menu.
- In the settings menu, at the bottom, there is an option to Deactivate. Select this option. The screen will not change.
- Leave the PBS app and go back to the main screen of the Apple TV. This will give the PBS app the time to reset and deactivate itself.
- Enter the PBS app again. You will see a new screen saying the app needs to be activated.
- This new screen will give you activation instructions and an activation code, seven characters in length. Enter this code at http://www.pbs.org/activate
- After you hit continue, you will be brought to a new page asking you to sign in with a Google, Facebook, or PBS account. Choose the account you activated Passport with.
- You will see a screen that your Apple TV has been activated. Return to the Apple TV where it will automatically update and you can begin watching Passport videos.